Friday, July 28, 2023

Fun NEW Wellness Bulletin Board

Wow, I made it back after just a few weeks!  What an improvement! Ha ha!

I've really taken time this summer to create and it feels great!  Last post I mentioned wanting to tackle the list of ideas that I had for new resources to use in the gym... so here I am again with another resource.

I have to admit it was a bit prompted by the fact that I'm also in the process of starting my National Boards Certification again. Ugh!  My certification is up for renewal this year but since I've switched out of the classroom and my original certificated area was ELA I figured I might as well bite the bullet and make the transition into certifying in Physical Education.  I'm SUPER excited, but also completely overwhelmed and very anxious because it's no easy task.  It's going to be quite the year... but once it's done it'll be just as rewarding as last time.

Anyways, with that being said, this new resource I created will help to make the shift from the previous focus of physical education: Learning skills and sports concepts.  Not anymore.  Well, it's not the main focus.  We need to develop more physically literate students that are ready for lifetime fitness.  Therefore a focus on overall wellness is more important.  Hooray!  It's about time!  I mean c'mon, it's such a small percentage of students that even continue into sports, especially at any type of competitive level.  Instead students need to learn why it's important to make healthy choices, both eating and towards activity.  THAT will help them to be their HEALTHIEST self!

Insert perfect resource to help teach and review this exact idea here!

So I did. Unfortunately there's not a lot out there yet, so of course I had to create it.

Introducing my colorful, fun, and eye-catching bulletin board kit with Activity Sheets:



I enjoyed creating some 'kid-friendly' pictures to help introduce the idea of overall wellness and the benefits of fitness.  I can't wait to create another new bulletin board in my gym when I go back in August!  Here's a little more details of what's included:



I look forward to using the Activity Sheets as a pre/post test when assessing my students' understanding.  I'm hoping I might even be able to incorporate the lessons into my National Boards work since one of the components is all about assessment!  Two birds with one stone right?

Hoping someone might find it useful too! 
As always, continue to Find Your Balance friends! 

Shelby 

No comments:

Post a Comment