Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday Spirit & a little Wanderlust


The holidays are upon us!  In the last couple weeks I finished some Christmas gifts as well as putting up decorations around the house.  My Pandora has been set to Christmas music since Thanksgiving... but it officially feels like the holidays when you can come home to see the lights on the house, in the windows, and the glow from the Christmas tree... ahhh, the ambiance of the Christmas decorations!  Only one week before it's Winter Break... but it's going to be a BUSY week filled with student-led conferences, our first home gymnastics meet of the season, and all the planning to prepare for January (so I don't have to, fingers crossed, take all the planning home over the break).
 
Here's a peek into just some of the holiday spirit around the house.  Also due to the burlap craze... I switched out the usual red ribbons for burlap.  Tied ornaments on the tree with twine instead of the traditional hooks.  Still need to complete the tree skirt in burlap... that's still on my to do list with a few other things!
 
Hanging Christmas cards we get...

Burlap bows
changed the decorations on the burlap wreath


REAL Christmas tree this year!  That's a first! 
Still need to finish decorating...




go figure Koda's stocking is as big as ours?!

and that Lilly's is bigger than Mishka's...


Okay... not a Christmas decoration... but SO TRUE! 
 
 

There's still so many little things to finish.... so I'll leave today with some quotes I've pinned on Pinterest about traveling.  Still not sure if we'll take our usual trip during Spring Break due to national boards.  I might need that time to finish?!  But as usual I browse through looking at what's 'out there'...
 







 
 
So many places to explore!  Maybe one day my journey will continue throughout the world... and not just on vacations...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment