Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oreo Moon Phases

During conference week [in the last week leading up to Spring Break] we did a little Science 'catch-up'.  There were some [okay a little more than just some] lessons that we still needed to complete.  So during this week we did Science everyday focusing on the Phases of the Moon.

Of course I found an activity on Pinterest using oreo cookies to show the different moon phases.  All week they were excited and looking forward to this 'special activity' that I told them was coming on Friday.  It was such an engaging activity and extremely hands-on.  I think more of the oreo creme ended up on the students instead of the cookies.  Oh well.  I even caught a couple kiddos who were already eating their cookies as they walked out the door.  I don't know if they'll still remember each of the phases of the moon... but I know they had fun!

I took a few pictures while they were working... turned out a little blurry, but it gives you the idea.








This is what the finished product 'should have' looked like:



No comments:

Post a Comment