Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Fraction Flip book


Fraction flipbook!















I 💗 fractions! As a classroom teacher I loved teaching fractions.  Maybe it was the hands-on learning of folding the paper strips into equal parts (although they were RARELY equal) or coloring and labeling all the unit fractions.  I don't know?  It was a straight forward concept of equal shares and what kid doesn't get 'making it equal' between 2, 3 or 4 kids? Am I right? Especially if it's a chocolate bar we're sharing you'd better bet they'll make sure it's being shared equally! 

Anyways, as I'm recreating resources for my TpT store I just KNEW I had to redo my old favorite.  The Fraction Flip book!  Back before the days of flip books and fancy fonts, or at least before I knew how to create a flip book, I did the only thing I knew how to do.  Copy and paste! I printed all the labels, cut everything out, and created one flip book with my grade-level colleague to use as our 'master copy'.  

You can check out the OG Fraction flip book we created on this old post of mine:

I used this same flip book for MANY years and had no interest in creating a new one until this year because I'd need to be able to share the resource digitally with others. Funny thing too, I'm no longer teaching in the classroom this year so I can't even use the resource with my own students. Ugh! I'm now teaching Health & Fitness and obviously won't need to teach fractions anytime soon.

After a lot of problem solving and figuring out how to create pages that would print back-to-back and up side down.  No really!  There were A LOT of papers recycled throughout this process to say the least.  All in all, I was able to create the new and improved Fraction flip book! I LOVE how it turned out.  I was so excited to have tackled 

Check it out here in my TpT store: Fraction Flipbook





As always, feel free to share feedback if you use this product or if there's something you'd change or like to see.  I'd love to see how you use it as well!  Tag me in your photos @find.your_balance on instagram! https://www.instagram.com/find.your_balance/ 

Find your balance,
Shelby




No comments:

Post a Comment