Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Valentine's Day Goodies


Valentine's Day is just around the corner!  Every year I look forward to creating a new valentine for my students.  Creating cute tags or personalized goodie bags was my way to channel my creativity and find a break from the demands of teaching. 

As you might know if you've joined me on my previous posts, I'm no longer teaching in the classroom but in the gym.  I didn't even want to entertain the idea of creating some 400 'ish Valentine's for all the students at school this year. Are you crazy? So I did the next best thing... I'm sharing some ideas with you to use with your students! 

Last year I created a Valentine's Day word search card and taped on one of those fun pens with ALL the colors.  What were  they called?Okay, just googled it... a shuttle pen?  Retractable pen.  You get the point.  I bought the pens on Amazon and used Washi tape to secure them on each Valentine.





Since I'm not in the classroom, I created a digital version to share with others in my TpT store.  There's two versions of this Valentine if you're interested, 2 per page or 4.   I wanted to have an interactive Valentine that DIDN'T include candy and this worked out perfectly! If you're interested, check out the resource here: 



...and I'm not done yet!  I also created this fun gift tag that would work for a Valentine's Day goodie too!  I originally created this tag as a back-to-school goodie for my students.  Why not use them for Valentine's too?  Simply attach them to some type of 'mint' candy or gum (if you dare).  You can even ramp it up and put the candies into a bag and tie with a cute bow.  That always made my teacher heart happy.  Then, once I see how quickly the students tear off the tag to get to the candy it was over. Ugh.  Oh well, it was always the time and thought I put into creating these goodies for my students that was meaningful for me anyways.  I know there's kiddos out there that have kept the tags or enjoyed the moment and I hope they know how special they continue to be to me!   



If you think you'd like to create this Valentine goodie check the resource here: Valentine 'Mint' to be Tag  It'll be great to use for back-to-school as well! Kids don't remember things from September to February anyways, right?  

Thanks for taking the time to check it out or simply read my ramblings! 

Find your balance,
Shelby 


No comments:

Post a Comment